Monday, July 4, 2011

Mexican Chocolate Pudding


I've been away, I have! But I'm back now! I have INTERNET. It's pretty magical this internet thing, and while my new apartment is not yet shaping up quite like I would like (because I still have boxes EVERYWHERE), having internet is a start. So there will be more posts coming this week. And as I ask for forgiveness I offer you this silky recipe for TOFU chocolate pudding. So it's sort of healthy, you know? And it's vegan. And lactose free. And chocolately. And fast. So I figure I've got everyone covered in this apology, no? Good. And starting tomorrow I will try and be back on the regular smile finding mission.

Recipe via Mark Bittman's Column The Minimalist

Time: 10 minutes, plus 30 minutes’ chilling

3/4 cup sugar
1 pound silken tofu
8 ounces high-quality bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon chili powder, or more to taste
Chocolate shavings (optional).

1. In a small pot, combine sugar with 3/4 cup water; bring to a boil and cook until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly.

2. Put all ingredients except for chocolate shavings in a blender and purée until completely smooth, stopping machine to scrape down its sides if necessary. Divide among 4 to 6 ramekins and chill for at least 30 minutes. If you like, garnish with chocolate shavings before serving.


1 comment:

  1. This sounds divine! and looks it too!

    have you made it yourself? I would try subbing in Agave syrup or even stevia instead of sugar to make it more waistline friendly

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails