Summer time is here! If your summer is anything like mine here in Toronto, you have been hot and sweaty for the past couple of weeks. I've been downing watermelon like crazy. Watermelon is a new found thing for me, as for many years I didn't like any melon at all. Now watermelon has wormed its way into my diet (gateway fruit?) and I do find it so refreshing (and great to bring to a party). Here is a recipe for a delightful fresh beverage to help cool you down this hot hot summer!
- 2-½ pounds Fresh Watermelon (seedless If You Can Find It), Rind Removed And Cut Into Cubes
- 3 whole Lemons (seedless If You Can Find It), Juiced
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 2 cups Chilled Seltzer Water (more Or Less)
- 6 sprigs Lemon Balm Or Mint, For Garnish (optional!)
- Place the watermelon, lemon juice and honey into a food processor.
- Process until smooth.
- Strain the mixture into a large bowl, pressing the juice out of any seeds or pulp that remains in the strainer.
- Pour the juice into a large pitcher and chill until you’re ready to drink.
Serve with a splash of seltzer water and lemon balm or mint, if using.
Found via Tasty Kitchen